Here are a few general principles to keep in mind as you read through this Policy:
- As our business evolves, this Policy may change, so check back to this page periodically to make sure you understand how your personal information will be treated.
- This Policy does not apply to information that you may provide to us, or that we may obtain, other than through our Service, such as over the phone, by mail, or in person, except that your rights to opt-out of our use applies also to the personal information that we collect offline.
- Involvio is a company based in the United States and personal information you provide to us is transmitted to us and processed in the United States. However, you should know that any use of your personal information by Involvio will be treated as being subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). Also, this Service places cookies and local shared objects on your computer or device which are further described below. By using the Service, you agree to this.
- The App collects (i) precise information about the geographic location of your device; (ii) calendar information on your device; and (iii) information regarding your contacts. In addition, the App may access your photos on your device if you request that the Service do so in connection with certain actions through the Service, ie. uploading a photo to an event on the Service. This information is collected in order for the App to operate and function properly. We may continue to collect some of this information even if you are not actively using the App, it is minimized on your device or even if it is closed. You may at any time opt-out from further allowing us to have access to this information and/or features on your device by accessing the settings on your device and setting your device not to share this information with us. You may opt-out of all information collection by the App by deleting your Involvio account through the "Settings" page of the App.
Opt In and Opt Out
You may have the right to opt in to or opt out of certain of our uses and disclosures of your Personal Information. For example, when you are asked to provide Personal Information on this Service, you may have the opportunity to elect to, or not to, receive messages from us by e-mail or text message. You may tell us that you do not want to receive our promotional messages by sending us your name, address, e-mail and phone number to: email@example.com. Please indicate if you are writing to request that you no longer receive a particular media notification from us. You can also opt-out of our promotional emails by clicking on the opt-out link within the e-mail you receive. To opt out of our SMS messages, please text STOP to (917) 746-2662. Please understand that it may take us a few days to process any opt out request and that even if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us.
You may opt-out of all information collection by the App by deleting your Involvio account through the "Settings" page of the App. If you simply uninstall the App, we may continue to periodically access personal information about you through other linked applications, ie. Google Calendar or Facebook. You may opt-out from further allowing us to have access to third-party services that you have previously authorized us to access through the "Settings" page of those services.
You may opt-out from further allowing us to have access to your device's location data by accessing the App's location setting on your device and setting your device not to share its location with us. Similarly, you may opt-out from allowing us to have access to your device's contact list or calendar by accessing the App's settings on your device and setting your device not to share this information with us.
What information is collected on this Service?
"Personal Information" is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not. We collect Personal Information such as your name; date of birth; postal addresses; e-mail addresses; telephone numbers; wireless device addresses (including text message addresses); photograph; gender; location; education history; hometown; browsing and transaction history; job history and application information; interests, hobbies and demographic information; and survey responses that you submit. For example, we collect Personal Information when you conduct a transaction on our Service; create an account on our Service; answer questions posted by your school; sign up for our emails; enter sweepstakes and contests; complete surveys on our Service (posted either by us or by your school); contribute to a chat or social media forum, bulletin board, list serve, blog, wiki or other social forum on the Service; or submit a comment or question to us using a "contact us" or similar feature on the Service. If you log-in to the App using your Facebook account, or you otherwise authorize us to access your Facebook account, you allow us to access your Facebook profile, your photographs, your friend list, your group memberships, your friend's contact information, and any other information that Facebook allows us to collect. If you otherwise authorize us to access a third-party calendar service that you use, you allow us to access your event information, information regarding other attendees (if any), and any other information that the applicable third-party calendar application allows us to collect. If you authorize us to access your Twitter account, you allow us to access your Twitter profile, your Tweets, your follower list and any other information that Twitter allows us to collect.
In addition, when you use the App, you provide: transaction related information, such as your downloading and registration of the App; events that you search for, attend or review; your event RSVPs; your Involvio event comments; your Involvio list subscriptions; when, what and how often you share events on our Service through your Facebook account, your Twitter account or through SMS and email; and time stamps of your uses of the App. The App also collects information about your device contacts, if you have consented to such data collection using your device's user interface.
Precise Real Time Location Information
The App collects precise information about the geographic location of your device. If your device is equipped with GPS or can connect with wireless access points or hot spots, or if your device is also a phone that communicates with cell towers or satellites, then your device is able to use these features to determine its precise geographic location. If you have consented using your device's user interface, the geographic location of your device will be transmitted to our servers periodically any time that the App requests it (even if you are not actively using the App, it is minimized on your device or closed). Once you set your device to transmit its location information to us, your device will continue to transmit its location information to us (periodically any time that the App requests it) until you set your device to no longer do so.
We use your location information to present you with events within a certain distance of your device to provide you with the search results you are looking for. (If you prefer, you can instead search within a location that you manually enter.) We receive your location when you interact with the App.
You may at any time opt-out from further allowing us to have access to your device's location information by accessing the App's location settings on your device and setting your device not to share its location with us.
If you set your device to not transmit its location information to us, you will have to manually enter your location of interest when conducting a search using the App. Certain features may not function if you set your device to not transmit location information to us.
Service Usage Information
As is the case with many Web sites and applications, our servers automatically collect your IP address when you visit our Service, and we may associate that with your domain name or that of your Internet access provider and derive your regional location in the world. We may also capture certain "clickstream data" pertaining to your Service usage. Clickstream data includes, for example, information about your computer or device, Web browser and operating system and their settings, the referring page that linked you to the Service, the pages, content or ads you see or click on during your visit and when and for how long you do so, items you download, the next Web site you visit when you leave the Service, and any search terms you have entered on the Service or a referral site. With respect to the App in particular, we receive counts of the screens and features of the App that are used, the countries from which the App is used, device language settings, and the types of devices, operating systems, carriers, IP addresses and wireless connections our users are using. In addition, the App assigns a unique numerical identifier to your account that is associated with your other information.
In addition, we may deploy various tracking technologies on the Service to collect additional information about your Service visits. For example:
- Local shared objects, such as "Flash cookies," may be stored on your computer or device using a media player or other software installed on your computer or device. Local shared objects operate a lot like cookies, but cannot be managed in the same way. Depending on how local shared objects are enabled on your computer or device, you may be able to manage them using software settings. For information on managing Flash cookies, for example, click here.
- HTML5 (the language some Web sites are coded in) may be used to store information on your computer or device about your Service usage activities. This information can be retrieved by us to determine how our Service is being used by our visitors, how it can be improved, and to customize it for our users.
- A pixel tag (also known as a "clear GIF" or "web beacon") is a tiny image – typically just one-pixel – that can be placed on a Web page or in our electronic communications to you in order to help us measure the effectiveness of our content by, for example, counting the number of individuals who visit us online or verifying whether you've opened one of our emails or seen one of our Web pages.
These tracking technologies may be deployed by us and/or by our service providers or partners on our behalf. These technologies enable us to assign a unique number to you, and relate your Service Usage Information to other information about you, including your Personal Information.
Since we don't engage in behavioral advertising, our Service does not honor "do-not-track" settings transmitted by your web browser. Third parties, such as web analytics companies and social networking platforms, collect personal information about your online activities over time and across our Service and other online properties.
By using our Service, you consent to our use of these tracking technologies as described above.
How is your information used?
We or our service providers may use the information we collect from and about you to perform the following business functions:
- enabling users to use our Service and its features
- administering the Service and your account with us
- responding to your requests, questions, and concerns
- market research
- developing new features and offerings on the Service
- sending you marketing and other communications, including information about products, services, and events, of ours and of others, that we think might interest you. You may opt out of receiving such notices from us by following the instructions in the Right to Opt In and Opt Out section above.
- protecting our rights and property
- recovering debt and preventing fraud
- customizing our Service to your interests and history with us
- other purposes disclosed when personal information is submitted to us
To perform the above functions, we may match information collected from you through different means or at different times, including both Personal Information and Service Usage Information, and use such information along with information obtained from other sources (including third parties) such as demographic information and updated contact information. We or our service providers may also use your information to assess the level of interest in, and use of, the Service, our e-mails and our other messaging campaigns both on an individual basis and in the aggregate.
We use several social networking and blogging platforms to communicate with our users, some of which are operated by third parties, such as Facebook and Twitter. This Policy applies to our use of information you submit to us there, but it does not apply to what those third party platforms do with your information. Those platforms have their own privacy policies, and we encourage you to read them.
Our Service includes features and functionalities that allow you to share information with us that you have already provided to a third party social networking platform. For example, you may be able to create an account on our Service or log-in to our Service using your Facebook account or other third party credentials. If you do so, then Personal Information or other data that you have provided to that third party will be made available to us and other users of the Service, pursuant to the third party's terms and conditions, and you consent to our use of that information in accordance with this Policy. The information we receive from that third party may depend on the privacy settings you have on the third party site.
We also include tools on our Service that allow you to share and/or publicly post content or information from our Service to your profile on a third party social network. For example, "I found this event on Involvio." Third party social networking platforms and blogging platforms have their own privacy policies which explain how they will use, protect and share your information, including any information you share on those platforms from our Service, and we encourage you to read them.
Do we share Personal Information and Service Usage Information with others?
Yes. We may share the information we collect on the Service with others for a variety of reasons. In addition to the kinds of information sharing you might expect, such as sharing with third parties who need your information in order to provide services to us (or on our behalf) and sharing what you voluntarily post to public areas on the Service with the public, we may share your information:
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government, judicial or other legal request, or to comply with the law.
- in connection with a corporate change or dissolution, including for example a merger, acquisition, reorganization, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation, sale of assets or wind down of business.
In addition, we may share non-personally identifiable Service Usage Information (including aggregate data) with others, for their own use, in a form that does not include your name or contact information.
Text Message Service
Your Access Rights
You may access or correct certain of the Personal Information that is stored in your user account on the Service (if you have one) by logging in to the "Settings" or similar area of the Service or by contacting us using the "Contact US" information below. We request that you provide us with as much detail as you can about the particular information you seek, in order to help us retrieve it. An access fee may be charged to cover our costs of providing that information to you. We may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details before we are able to provide you with any information, correct any inaccuracies, or delete any information. We will endeavour to provide the information requested within 30 days of your request.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading and where reasonable and practical, we will correct it and will advise any third parties to whom we may have previously disclosed that information of the correction. In certain circumstances, we may not be required by law to provide you with access or to correct your personal information. If that is the case, we will give you our reasons for that decision unless it is unreasonable to do so.
While we endeavor to protect the security and integrity of sensitive Personal Information collected via this Service, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers.
If you correspond with us by e-mail, text message, or using Web forms like a "contact us" feature on our Service, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure. A third party could view the information you send in transit by such means. We will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission.
If you create an account on our Service, you are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password, and you shall be responsible for any activity that occurs using your account credentials, whether or not you authorized such activity. Please notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
Where there is unauthorised access to or disclosure of personal information that we hold, and this is likely to result in serious harm to you, and we have been unable to prevent the likely risk of serious harm with remedial action, we will notify you. In these circumstances we will endeavor to notify you as promptly as possible. If we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use the U.S. Postal Service to notify you in this situation, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Linked-To" Web Sites
The Service may contain links, banners, widgets or advertisements that lead to other Web sites. We are not responsible for these other sites, and so their posted privacy policies (not this Policy) will govern the collection and use of your information on them. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each Web site visited after leaving the Service to learn about how your information is treated by others.
We may change this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by posting the changed Policy on this page with a new "Last Updated" date. In some cases (for example, if we significantly expand our use or sharing of your Personal Information), we may also tell you about changes by additional means, such as by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address we have on file for you. In some cases, we may request your consent to the changes.
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may contact us at:
261 Madison Ave, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10016
Effective Date: 17 December 2018